Manufacturing & Assembly Technician - AxonVR - Virtual Reality Startup
FLSA Status: Exempt
AxonVR brings virtual worlds to life through realistic touch technology. When you combine our tech with a virtual reality headset, you experience an unprecedented level of immersion. Founded in 2012, AxonVR is a team of engineers, designers and storytellers based in Seattle, WA, and San Luis Obispo, CA.
AxonVR is proud to offer its employees comprehensive health insurance, a 401k plan, paid time off, and equity options.
About the position:
The Manufacturing and Assembly Technician will be responsible for fabricating low-volume proof of concept components and small run production using a variety of manufacturing processes.
The Technician will assemble components into prototype systems and early stage technology proof of concept systems. You will work directly with and assist engineers to develop assembly and manufacturing processes in a dynamic start-up environment.
You will work with engineers and have hands-on interaction with pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical systems. This is a great opportunity to play a part in developing leading edge technology in a challenging and fun environment. This is a full-time non-exempt position.
Essential duties include:
- Silicone molding, Silicone RTV application and silicone fabrication techniques
- Assist engineers in building & testing prototypes, develop assembly processes & procedures
- Perform tests or experiments as directed and discuss results and methods
Required skills, experience, and availability:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Self-starter, independent, and risk tolerant
- Motivated to learn and improve self and company
- Good manual dexterity
- Experience using a range of fabrication and prototyping techniques and tools
- Eagerness to learn and apply new fabrication techniques
- Good collaborative skills and ability to communicate details
- Good verbal and written communication
- Able to work from verbal and written instructions
- Organized and self-motivated
- Able to stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Able to lift 40 lbs.
- Available to work 40 hours per week in San Luis Obispo, CA
Desired skills and expertise:
- Experience in both R&D and production/manufacturing environments
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Soldering experience
- Sewing experience
- Clean room experience
- Experience working in a research and development environment
- Good computer skills, especially Microsoft Office
Sign up for Job Alerts
VR Interactive Design EngineerBoonSan Francisco, CA, United StatesApr 25
Lead Platform Architect/ Backend EngineerBoonSan Francisco/ Bay AreaApr 24
VR Backend EngineerSpaces Inc.Los Angeles, CA, United StatesApr 22
VR Lead ProgrammerSpaces Inc.Los Angeles, CA, United StatesApr 22
Webgl developerPilot LightLos Angeles, CA, United StatesApr 19
More from AxonVR
Mechanical Engineering Manager - AxonVR - Virtual Reality StartupAxonVRSan Luis Obispo, CA, United StatesMar 30
Firmware - AxonVR - Virtual Reality StartupAxonVRSan Luis Obispo, CA, United StatesMar 29
Electrical Design Engineer - AxonVR - Virtual Reality StartupAxonVRSan Luis Obispo, CA, United StatesMar 28
Unity 3D Augmented Reality / HoloLens DeveloperSpatialNew York, NY 10002, United StatesFeb 01
Stereo CompositorCondition OneSan Francisco, CA, United StatesJan 27
Senior C++ / 3D EngineerAugmentParis, FranceApr 05
CTO / Tech co-founderDecahedralist Inc (working name)AnywhereFeb 20
C++ EngineerTHE VOIDAustin, TX, United StatesJan 30