Technical Director - VR
DigitalFish has an immediate need for a Technical Director - VR with significant professional 3D film and/or games production experience.
You will begin by working with Google Spotlight Stories, an Oscar-nominated team of artists and technologists making immersive stories for mobile 360, mobile VR and room-scale VR headsets. Joining the “Justice League for animators,” you will be building the innovative technology that makes it possible. Initially you will be located on Google's main campus in Mountain View, with your permanent DigitalFish office located in San Mateo.
Some of our other partners include Oculus Story Studio, Pixar, DreamWorks, LEGO and NASA, and you can expect to intersect with these other projects over time.
Ideal candidates will have 3-5 years relevant production work experience, but if you think you’re right for this position, contact us; we’ll listen.
- Collaborate with engineering and artist teams to provide effective animation tools
- Guide artists to execute within the capabilities of the end-user platform
- Take ownership of technical issues and work to resolve them
- Develop plugins and applications to support artists worldwide
- Identify and reduce inefficiencies in the pipeline and tools
- Coordinate cross-discipline efforts to advance the state-of-the-art and innovate
- Optimize assets for delivery for VR and mobile devices
- Help document common problems and resolutions in support of future productions
- Minimum 3 years experience in a large-scale digital pipeline for VR, games, VFX, TV or film
- Strong Maya experience
- Excellent scripting skills in Python
- Experience in pipeline design, development, and maintenance
- Familiarity with C++, Visual Studio, Xcode IDEs
- Experience with agile development practices, source control, QA processes
- Distributed team development experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills to work with multi-functional teams
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary plus equity per qualifications
- Full benefits with excellent health plan
- Ability to influence product and features in a cutting edge technology
- Work with a well-respected, creative and talented group of experts in graphic and animation
Initially you will be located at Google in Mountain View, CA, with your permanent DigitalFish office located in San Mateo.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are hiring immediately. We look forward to hearing from you!
Sign up for Job Alerts
VR Interactive Design EngineerBoonSan Francisco, CA, United StatesApr 25
Lead Platform Architect/ Backend EngineerBoonSan Francisco/ Bay AreaApr 24
VR Backend EngineerSpaces Inc.Los Angeles, CA, United StatesApr 22
VR Lead ProgrammerSpaces Inc.Los Angeles, CA, United StatesApr 22
Webgl developerPilot LightLos Angeles, CA, United StatesApr 19
Game Director/Lead Game DesignerWaygate, IncOakland, CA, United StatesFeb 18
Chief Technology OfficerOblixNew York, NY, United StatesApr 11
Stereo CompositorCondition OneSan Francisco, CA, United StatesJan 27
C++ EngineerTHE VOIDAustin, TX, United StatesJan 30
Unity 3D Augmented Reality / HoloLens DeveloperSpatialNew York, NY 10002, United StatesFeb 01