Game Designer (m/f)
For our subsidiary, Social VR GmbH, we are looking for an ambitious Game Designer with some experience to work on a new kind of virtual reality experience. The project is early stage and in stealth modus. You would be working closely with artists, level designers, riggers, developers and QA with the overall goal of helping to realize the project’s creative vision at the highest level. Qualified candidates need to be motivated and able to operate in a highly dynamic environment and excited about exploring this new medium.
Your responsibilities and challenges:
- Collaborate with design lead, design team and whole development team to develop core concepts, game systems, and game content with the goal to create an outstanding experience for the user.
- Evolve ideas in conjunction with the development team and ensure that the design goals adapt to and survive the development process.
- Participate in the design and development process by scoping and sizing requirements using Agile development methods.
- Share expertise and advise others in the development of features and experiences across the game.
- Implement and develop positive changes to the game based on feedback from QA, user research and the development team to ensure the product is critically and commercially successful.
- Contribute to tools and workflow development, highlighting bottlenecks or suggesting areas where tools could improve workflow.
- Remain up to date with industry and academic developments in game development and design with emphasis on VR.
What we expect:
- 3+ year’s professional experience in the games industry, with at least 1 officially published title.
- Good knowledge of the principles of game design, gameplay theory, balancing, level design, story, interface, AI, game-flow and player progression, particularly when applied to VR.
- Strong skills in designing and prototyping engaging gameplay mechanics in order to create an outstanding user experience.
- Strong skills in creating high quality design documentation, focusing on clarity and brevity.
- A creative mindset, exceptional logical and analytical capabilities, able to think from a player’s point of view and stay organized under pressure.
- Experience with designing monetization & retention features for online games.
- Capable of working efficiently and productively with game artists, programmers, animators, sound designers and the rest of the game development team.
- Motivated self-starter who likes working on very productive, fast-paced teams.
- Passionate team player, capable of rallying and motivating the team around the core design concepts of the game.
- Experience with Unreal Engine is a bonus
- Bachelor degree in related fields or equivalent extensive work experience
- Fluent in English
- EU citizenship or a valid working permit for Germany
What we offer:
- An attractive remuneration with development prospects in an international company
- A selfdependent activity and challenge in a varied work environment
- Lots of space for participation and realization of own ideas
- Opportunity for training in new technology fields and topics
- A highly motivated team with a flat hierarchy and fast decisions
- Flexible working hours and free drinks
Are you interested? Then we look forward to your meaningful application including description of recent projects and stating your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date via email
Sign up for Job Alerts
VR Interactive Design EngineerBoonSan Francisco, CA, United StatesApr 25
Lead Platform Architect/ Backend EngineerBoonSan Francisco/ Bay AreaApr 24
VR Backend EngineerSpaces Inc.Los Angeles, CA, United StatesApr 22
VR Lead ProgrammerSpaces Inc.Los Angeles, CA, United StatesApr 22
Webgl developerPilot LightLos Angeles, CA, United StatesApr 19
Game Director/Lead Game DesignerWaygate, IncOakland, CA, United StatesFeb 18
CTO / Tech co-founderDecahedralist Inc (working name)AnywhereFeb 20
C++ EngineerTHE VOIDAustin, TX, United StatesJan 30
Chief Technology OfficerOblixNew York, NY, United StatesApr 11
AngularJS DeveloperToptal LLCAnywhereFeb 28