Lead Web Developer
WILD is a Portland, Oregon based virtual reality startup developing software to enable face-to-face collaboration for designers.
We're a small, funded team preparing to release our first product, and every individual plays a meaningful role in bringing a specific piece to market. The team size makes cross pollination easy, and everyone is invited to participate in discussions on other components of the system. Interested in Unity development or desktop C++ applications? Want to learn about designing for virtual reality or computer vision topics? Every contribution is welcome and significant.
WILD is not just a company, but a community. Our studio is also a coworking space for local developers and designers working in creative fields ranging from virtual reality to game development. We deliberately cultivate an environment of social collaboration. Our goal is to create a community rich with cultural, social, and intellectual diversity.
We're looking for an experienced web developer who can take ownership over building the front-end client and UI to our services, from architecture to development and through release. You should have a history of writing applications and crafting application UI, and extensive experience in a variety of web frameworks.
You will develop a core piece of the product from scratch. You will be responsible for deciding technologies and strategies to accomplish the initial goal. You will work closely with the back end developer, and should be experienced enough to perform technical reviews and offer guidance.
This position is located at our studio in Portland. Remote work is not available at this time.
- Evaluating technologies for full stack development.
- Selecting technologies for front-end development.
- Full front-end development from UI mockups.
- Guiding and mentoring back-end development.
- Fostering a culture to produce quality applications, including architecture reviews, code reviews, and test automation.
- Specifying project timelines based on requirements.
- Communicating project status and coordinating with multiple team leads.
- Continued development, support, and maintenance of resulting product.
- Evaluating cloud deployment services, such as AWS, Heroku, and Google Cloud Platform.
- Cloud deployment and monitoring.
- Linux server management.
- Keeping current on the latest web technologies.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science.
- Demonstrated fluency in multiple frameworks, such as AngularJS , React, Vue.js, etc.
- Experience integrating front-end applications with various APIs, particularly authentication and authorization (basic/OAuth/SAML).
- Familiarity with messaging protocols such as WebSockets, MQTT, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with full application lifecycle, from design to release.
- Demonstrated history of building reliable and scalable applications.
- One or more released products using the specified technologies.
Sign up for Job Alerts
VR EngineerThe Future GroupOslo, NorwayJan 13
Motion Graphics Artist - Stereo 3D VR 360INVRS3D Cinematic Reality Inc.British Columbia, CanadaJan 10
Lead Web DeveloperWILDPortland, OR, United StatesJan 09
Jr. Camera EngineerHere Be DragonsLos Angeles, CA, United StatesJan 05
Senior VR/AR/MR DeveloperBanjoAustin, TX, United StatesJan 03
Lead Virtual Reality DeveloperHTX LabsHouston, TX, United StatesDec 29
Unity DeveloperPlayspaceVRLos Angeles, CA, United StatesNov 03
React VR / A-Frame DeveloperNeverpart VRPalo Alto, CA, United StatesNov 24
Unreal Developer for VR Projectmoth + flameNew York, NY, United StatesDec 07
Developer Tech Support Agent IIIHireArtMenlo Park, CA, United StatesDec 14